Friday, October 4, 2013

Outfit | Lilac Dreams

 I've had this dress for ages (another one!) and I've only worn it once. I wore it for a New Year's Eve party with my family and when I saw how I looked photographed in it, I vowed to never wear it again. Oddly enough, now that I know how to properly dress myself, I can see myself wearing this dress a lot with a sweater or two layered onto it and a bunch of tights. Odd. I feel like I look incredibly twee in this outfit but I also think that the black button up really breaks up the twee feeling into something more rebellious and less twee. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with twee, it just so happens that twee is always used in direct correlation with the term Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Despite how outspokenly "quirky" and weird I am, I have only been called an MPDG twice I think. I'll probably write more on that subject later but for now, I'm feeling pretty good about being a good middle ground between twee and rebellious. Woop.
Outfit Details: Lilac Dress (I don't know...) | Black Swan Button Up (Forever 21) | Mint Tights (Forever 21) | White Loafers (Thrifted) | Bird Ring (gift) | Earrings (Claires)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...