Sunday, October 27, 2013

Inspiration | Audrey Horne (Twin Peaks)

With Halloween closing in, I thought I'd do a post concerning one of my favourite creepy shows, "Twin Peaks" and when I think of that show, I think of the handsome Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) and the gorgeous Audrey Horne (Sherilyn Fenn). Audrey is probably my favourite character from the series. She's beautiful, head strong, clever, feminine, rebellious, and so stylish that after rewatching one episode from the series, I'm filled with a need to go out and buy saddle shoes, red pumps, and cute sweaters. Fenn, who played high school student Audrey when she was in her mid-twenties played her with the right amount of school girl innocence and burgeoning sexual prowess. Between the high waist school girl skirts, cozy sweaters, and perfectly groomed eyebrows, Audrey is a style dream. I've always wanted to be able to exude the same amount of attitude, innocence, and sexuality that Audrey exuded throughout the series, but I think it takes a special brand of person to be able to pull all of those off without being ridiculous. If you want to dress up like Audrey, you'll need the following: high waist tartan/school girl skirt that stops just above or right at the knees, classic saddle shoes or red pumps, a cozy fitted sweater, a deep plum red lipstick, perfectly groomed eyebrows, and a simple cat eye. Make sure everything is fitted since Audrey could wear a baggy houndstooth coat but once she shed the coat, her silhouette  was streamlined and let's face it, sexy.
(OTP THEY WERE SO CUTE AND PERFECT OMG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...