Sunday, October 20, 2013

Outfit | The Dreamers

I have been wearing my glasses nonstop for a week. I don't know what it is, but I always feel more shy and less outgoing when I wear my glasses. Especially now, with the way the sides of my hair are, I feel even more awkward. I do quite enjoy wearing my glasses since I run no risk of falling asleep with contacts in my eyes, but I do run the risk of breaking my glasses in my sleep. Just another week and a half and my prescription will be ready to order but then I'll have to wait another week or two for my contacts to be delivered. I've thought about it and it looks like I'll be bespectacled and slightly more awkward on Halloween. I've also had to forego my previous Halloween costume ideas since I just haven't had the time/funds to work on it. Maybe I'll be someone from R.O.D. or some other glass-wearing character. Except for Velma. Orange is so not my colour. On the plus side, I rewatched "The Dreamers", "Amelie", and "The Fall" last night. Those are some of my favourite films and somehow, I think the French feeling from "The Dreamers" and "Amelie" might have seeped into my style choices for today. In the form of stripes, heeled oxfords, and tights, I felt rather European today. I think all I was missing was a beret but alas, hats have become slightly uncomfortable to wear with my glasses. I cannot wait for when I can wear contacts again. 
Outfit Details: Striped Lace Peter Pan Collar (Forever 21) | Purple Cardigan (ViVis) | Belt (Thrifted) | Grey High Waist Skirt (ViVis) | Black Tights (Target) | Black Heeled Oxfords (Gifted) | Earrings and Ring (Gifted) | Chain Clutch (Target)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...