Thursday, March 6, 2014

Outfit | Missing Dreams

It has been so long since I've gotten the chance to read a book outside of school. I recently bought two books from Barnes & Noble: Markus Zusak's I Am the Messenger and Magnus Flyte's City of Lost Dreams. Both authors are authors whose writing I am inspired by and after being completely blocked in terms of creative fiction writing, I feel like reading these will help jumpstart a few days of writing. I also ordered four other books off of Amazon. I've been in desperate need for some written beauty and it's been a while since I've bought myself any new books that weren't for classes, so I'm looking forward to getting those babies in the mail. Speaking of books, the book I'm cradling close to my body in this post is the sequel to Flyte's previous book, City of Dark Magic, which, to be honest, was a bit of a letdown. The lead up to the resolution was nicely done and the writing itself was beautiful and I liked how colourful the various characters were albeit the main character, Sarah, is bland and sort of boring. I didn't really like her at first and I only started to care about her about 2/3 through the book. The resolution and conclusion were very boring and disappointing in comparison with the rest of the novel. I have so many critiques for the first book, so why buy the sequel? Because I have as many pros for the cons I noted. That and there is just something about magical fantasy mysteries set in Europe that just call out to the dreamer in me. I usually speed through books but I'm going to take my time with each of the new books I'll be receiving. And so far? City of Lost Dreams is interesting and Sarah seems to have gotten more relatable and human. She was too "together" in Dark Magic. Also, I got these boots from Hautelook.com for $16 and they were originally $60! Eeeps!
Outfit Details: Denim Jacket (Thrifted) | Coral Star Print Sweater (Target) | Black Pleated Skirt (Forever 21) | Side Pattern Tights (HUE) | Boots (Hautelook.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...