Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Outfit | Everything will be alright (絶対大丈夫だよ)

My first purchase from Sheinside is this apricot laced sweater and it is so wonderful. It'll be perfect to wear during cooler summer days and summer nights. I actually ordered three items and despite the fact that I ordered this sweater as part of a pre-order type thing, it was the first to arrive. It's so cute! This sweater and the necklace I'm wearing, reminds me of something that Sakura from Card Captor Sakura would wear. Everything about Sakura is cherry blossom pink and just super light and pastel colours. Upon seeing this necklace at Comic Con this past weekend, I just had to buy it. It reminds me of Sakura's star staff when it's not being used. It's not gold and pink like hers, but it does have a similar shape, especially with the closed in wings on it. Also, since it's an actual working timepiece, I guess I'll actually have to set it properly....I'll get around to it. Eventually. Anyway, back to talking about Sakura! She is definitely one of my favourite manga/anime heroines. The title of this post is known as her "invincible spell" and it helps Sakura get over numerous obstacles while she masters her magic throughout the series. It's also representative of her as a character because while Sakura can come across as being naive and clueless and clumsy, she's optimistic, cheerful, determined, and sensitive to the feelings of the people around her and because of that, she is able to overcome obstacles and protect those she loves. Sakura's cheerfulness and optimism is what I strive for in my day to day life because even though the series is a magic girl series, the series still revolves around an otherwise average girl and traces her life through maturation into high school life (even though we don't see that until the very end of the series). This includes everyday things like crushes, friendships, school, and you know, battling supernatural cards and capturing them. But growing up, aside from Usagi from Sailor Moon, I had Sakura to look up to and I strived to emulate her in how I acted and saw the world. As I mentioned earlier, I still strive to do this. I like to think that it's been working out in my favour.
Outfit Details: Sweater (Sheinside) | Cuffed Denim Shorts & Black Tank Top (Forever 21) | Tights & Shoes (Target) | Necklace (Comic Con) | White Sunnies (VidCon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...