Friday, March 14, 2014

Top 5 | My Top Liquid Liners!


I think it's no secret that I have developed quite a fondness for liquid liners. At the start of my day when I apply makeup, a must is liquid liner to line my top lash line and to wing it out into a cat eye or let it hang into a puppy eye. No matter how I'm feeling, I always feel incomplete without eyeliner on. With that in mind, here's a bit of a list of my top 5 liquid liners including drugstore brands and higher end brands. 


5. theBalm Precisely! Liquid Eyeliner
theBalm's liquid liner is moderately priced at $16.99 over at Modcloth and from what I've experienced, is a nice pure black liquid that dries perfectly matte. I had a sample size of this that lasted me a week and a half and I liked it well enough. I thought the packaging, even for the sample size, was really cute. I also really love the applicator. Felt-tip applicators that are nice and fine-tip are perfection for me. Some things I did not like about this liner? It's not waterproof. At. All. This is a problem for me since my eyes get watery throughout my day. I also wear contacts and sometimes I just tear up. Any bit of liquid will make this liner stream down your face. If any of the liquid gets in your eyes, it hurts like a bitch too. On top of that, despite the fact that it dries nicely and into a really good black, it takes a while to set and dry. I wouldn't willingly buy this liner for myself, but if you're someone who doesn't have watery eyes, you might like this one.

4. Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Eyeliner
The Lorac liquid eyeliner is quite wonderful. Despite costing $23, you are definitely getting what you paid for and more. I used one pen and it lasted me a little over six months. Each application was consistently easy and quick with a result that was long lasting and water-proof. My only problem is that the fine tip tended to get kind of flimsy around month 5 but I guess with constant usage, that's to be expected. At the cost though, I'm not sure if I'd purchase this for myself again, but it is definitely one of the better high end liquid liner pens. Definitely better than something like the MAC liquid liner pen which is horrendous. 

3. Maybelline Line Stiletto 
 Maybelline's Line Stiletto is really good. I used it for a few months and really loved it. At $7.99, it's definitely a steal. I thought the colour pay off was really nice and I think the applicator was really useful in creating thick or thin and precise lines. It was easy and quick to apply and easy to remove. The only problem? It's not water-proof. I still tend to use this on days when I have to be quicker than usual, but I tend to need to apply primer and a matte eyeshadow before applying this liner and even then, it has a tendency to rub off onto my lids. For the price though, I really like it.

2. Maybelline Waterproof Liquid Liner
This Maybelline product is a recent purchase but I've used it enough to gather a sense of what I think about it. Anyway, it's $7.99 and although the packaging isn't quite as cute as I'd like it to be, it definitely gets across what it is. I do love that I can use the liner as a liner and because of the way it dries, it also doubles as a mascara which is fun. I love that it's waterproof and I like that it is long lasting. What I don't like is that it can sometimes clump (especially on my top lashes which is why I end up using it as a double for mascara) and sometimes it flakes. It doesn't do it often enough that it's a problem, but as someone who wears contacts and has sensitive eyes, I can see it becoming a huge problem later down the line. I do love the colour payoff though. It's a really nice black and it dries semi-matte with a slight sheen but only in certain lighting situations. I dislike the applicator though. I can never get the hand of small brush applicators like this one so my eyeliner comes out slightly uneven (though nobody has noticed...yet). I might start applying this with my own liner brush, but at the moment, that bothers me a lot. Other than that, I really like this liner and for the price, it's a definite steal. Especially considering how much product you're getting in the container.

1. Maybelline Line Works Liquid Eyeliner
My absolute favourite liner at the moment, is the Maybelline Line Works Liquid Eyeliner. The applicator is wonderful for creating precise cat eyes and liner looks, it's waterproof, the packaging is sleek and easy to hold, application is incredibly quick and easy, removal is easy, it's long lasting, and it's affordable! ($5.97). I absolutely love this liner. My one problem is that I wish the container that had the liner was bigger so that it contained more product, but you know what? That's not even a huge problem since you don't need a whole lot of product to line your eyes. I also love that it's a slightly different water-proof formula from the other Maybelline liner I listed here since it doesn't clump, flake, and it doesn't give my lashes some weird mascara look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...