Friday, February 28, 2014

Review | NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Addis Ababa'

Product: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Addis Ababa' (fuschia)
Cost: $6 online | $5 in store
Link: Order from NYX's website
Review: Let me preface this by saying that I probably should have bought a darker colour. Bright fuschia is just not a good lip colour on my skin colour and that might have something to do with my review. Sort of. Anyway, I bought this because one of my favourite beauty bloggers/vloggers, Estee, recommended it in a few of her recent videos and being me, anything that has the staying power of higher end brands at a very cheap cost is something that I just have to try to believe. So I went and bought this along with another NYX lip product that Estee mentioned. As soon as I bought it, I opened it up and was greeted with the most delicious vanilla scent ever. So right off the bat, I thought that this was something that I'd need to buy multiple colours of. When I tried it and tested it through my day, I soon found that I wouldn't need to buy any other colours. Unfortunately, I found this product to be incredibly drying and my lips were primed with Carmex lip balm. I also found that application was very patchy and the product emphasized cracks in your lips. It also dried weirdly and had a bit of a tacky feeling throughout the day. After two hours, the colour had also faded and feathered out despite me not doing much aside from talking. It's really disappointing that this product isn't all it was hyped up to be, especially considering that aside from Estee, much of the beauty blogosphere has been in love with this product. It really is a shame because this product has such a wide and wonderful range of colours, I think the packaging is cute, and I'm fond of the scent. Unfortunately, this product is drying, dries into a tacky and slightly shiny finish (definitely not matte), faded rather quickly, and application is a completely botch. I definitely won't be purchasing any of the matte lip creams again.
Rating: 2.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...