Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Style Stakes of The Great Gatsby


In Vogue Australia, they did an editorial on the style of the characters in the upcoming film "The Great Gatsby". If you saw my earlier post on Carey Mulligan's photoshoot for Vogue, then you already know how much I love this novel and how excited I am for this film. This editorial only proves that despite what I had first thought about the casting (I was side-eyeing Tobey Maguire as Nick) that this casting is pretty perfect. Even Isla Fisher as Myrtle seems like a pretty good casting decision considering I always assumed Myrtle was going to be a thicker woman, but I guess Isla is a thicker woman for the 1920s. Style wise, I am in love with the wardrobe decisions in this film. Every outfit is just so perfect for each character and now I can't help but daydream about wearing the fragile, airy dresses of Daisy or wearing the sleek, eye-catching dresses of Jordan and Catherine.






(Seriously, these women's wardrobe is absolute perfection. Can I just have all their dresses and shoes? I'm also dying to chop my hair into a pixie-like bob like Daisy's. So much pretty and manageable hair.)




Magazine: Vogue Australia May 2013

Editorial: The Style Stakes

Celebs: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Jason Clarke, Elizabeth Debicki, Isla Fisher, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, & Adelaide Clemens

Photographer: Hugh Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...