Monday, April 22, 2013

Outfit | Spring Heat



Today was entirely too hot for me and it's not even 90 degrees out. I hate how hot it gets here. It means I can't layer as much as I love to and gosh, the heat also makes me want to stay indoors permanently. On the plus side, my makeup didn't smear as much as it usually does in the heat so I was a pretty happy camper. It was also slightly windy but the wind was a hot wind so...yeah...this heat, I'm not a fan. I'm more of a winter/autumn lover because when it's too cold, I can always just layer up on tights and sweaters or cuddle up with somebody. During the summer and the heat of spring, you can't do either of those because you're too busy being sweaty and hating anything that sticks to your skin because of the heat. Luckily, having lived in California my whole life, I've come up with outfits that don't suffocate me with the heat. This outfit is one of those. It's simple, pretty colours, and it's breathable...well the dress is breathable. The top is a rayon-type fabric so it's not as breathable as my cotton dress, but it's still slightly lighter than most of my button-ups.


Outfit Details: Purple Roxy Empire Waist Dress (thrifted) |  Sandals (Target) | Polka dot button-up (thrifted) | Pink circle sunnies (thrifted)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...