Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Daisy of the Jazz Age


I loved The Great Gatsby in high school when we read it. I loved all of the symbolism and while in class discussing it, I'd doodled pictures of what I thought the characters looked like and their outfits as described in the novel. Carey Mulligan is exactly who I imagined for Daisy and she looks perfect on the cover of this month's Vogue. Actually, scratch that, she looks pretty perfect all of the time, but I think the jazz age look just FITS her. Now, if you didn't buy this month's issue, feel free to look at the pictures I have found:









Great Expectations: 

The Inimitable Carey Mulligan

by Tom Shone | photographed by Mario Testino


If you can though, try and pick up the issue because the whole thing is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...