Saturday, August 16, 2014

Outfit | A Long Time Coming

So it has been a very LOOOONG while since my last proper outfit post. Even then, this isn't really a proper outfit post since the photo-taking is slightly different from what I'd do. This was another "photoshoot" taken by my friend Pahoua as practice for her. It was overcast so I can definitely understand why she wanted to practice photo-taking. But anyways! Some things (positive things!) have happened since my last post here. For one thing, I got my first retail job at a cool consignment store which has been a learning experience since I've only ever worked in an office environment and a house environment (housesitting, nannying, babysitting) but it's been very good. I really enjoy working there and the people I work with. What else...Hm, I've spent about a month and a half with my boyfriend, as in, we've basically been living together and you know what? It's been swell. Usually, after a certain amount of time, I want to be alone and away from people, even my close friends, but it's not like that with him. If anything, I just miss him a lot when we're away from eachother and thankfully, that is a mutual feeling between the two of us. 

Oh! I was also in a minor car accident a week or two ago. It was my first proper accident where I was by myself. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but my car certainly took the brunt of the damage. I've also never been in an accident by myself, so of course, after the other people worried over me and I convinced them I was okay, I texted my dad. During that text conversation, he neglected to tell me that I should have called triple A 72 hours after it happened. He said it's common sense to do so, except, I'm not saying this to say anything like "Oh I'm a special snowflake, twee and magic!", but I'm anything but a common person and I've had no sort of teaching about what to do in the event of a car accident. I did get the other people's number, but the accident was my fault so eh. You learn and move on.

And a last thing? I'm officially twenty two! Usually, my birthdays are sort of fun but always with a huge bit of me being annoyed by my family (my mom and my dad are usually the sources of that annoyance and anger), but this year, I spent my birthday with Court (although we did eat dinner with my cool aunty). The night before my birthday, I spent it with Court and some mutual friends of ours and it was great. They wished me a happy birthday at midnight and we drank and laughed and it was so fun. It was definitely the best birthday I've had in the past 4-6 years. And Court also got me really cute and fun gifts, which you can see here. On that note, I was also able to get Court into Sailor Moon (he loves the classic anime, as he should) and we've also started watching Evangelion. So basically, it's been pretty grand. Downside? Summer's ending and my last (hopefully) semester at CRC starts on August 25th. I'm hoping that since I'll be busy with school and then work on the weekends (my class schedule doesn't really allow me to work Mon-Thurs), that I'll be prompted to not procrastinate and actually get shit done. Here's to hoping!
Outfit Details: T-Shirt (Threadless) | Coral High Waist Skirt (Forever 21) | Brown Waist Belt (Thrifted) | Yellow Tights & Shoes (Target)

Editing/Model: Me

EDIT 9/13/2016: THESE PHOTOGRAPHS AS WELL AS THE SETS IN "Welcome back!" AND "Happy Mistakes" WERE GIVEN TO ME IN EXCHANGE FOR MODELING FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHER. THERE IS NO WRITTEN AGREEMENT ON EITHER END FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER OR MYSELF. THERE WAS JUST THE VERBAL AGREEMENT THAT THE PHOTOS WERE MINE AFTER THE SHOOT. BECAUSE OF THAT, I HAVE CHOSEN TO KEEP THE POSTS AND THE PHOTOS UP. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...