Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Review | Too Faced's Melted Liquified Lipstick in "Melted Berry"

Product: Too Faced's Melted Liquified Longwear Lipstick in "Melted Berry"
Price: $21.00
Link: too faced | sephora
Review: So I'm very late to the bandwagon for this product, but I was always turned away by the $21 price tag. As a moderately poor college student, I just couldn't justify spending more than $10 on a lip product and even then, I have to research and research like crazy before even spending that much. Anyways, I was always very happy with my NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams (which I didn't even like that much at first) but soon, I started wondering about Too Faced' Melted lipsticks and other liquid lipsticks. Everyone was raving about them so I decided that before buying one of these, I would test them out in store. I was always putting it off because I was either in the middle of a time constraint or I was with my boyfriend. Then, my chance came when a friend of mine wanted to go to our local Ulta and buy some makeup for some weddings she's attending this summer. So we went and while she was getting help, I was testing out some of the Melted lippies. I tried out the darkest shade "Villain", "Chihuahua (I think that's the name?)", "Fig", and the red shade that's darker than "Berry". I immediately loved the texture of these and the pigmentation. So intense. As soon as these touched my lips, I knew I was going to be buying one of them. I decided on getting "Berry" because it's a color that I'm comfortable wearing in my daily life. These last for a long time. I left the store with "Chihuahua" on my lips because it ended up being a pretty neutral/nude on my coloring and I didn't want to wipe it off my lips. I wanted to see how long it would last. Like I said, it lasted a while. I even napped with it and it was still on my lips when I woke up. Staying power is A+ and the pigmentation stays strong. With eating and talking, the color faded slightly but it was still noticeable and very pretty. I can definitely see myself buying a Melted lipstick every payday. I now understand why so many people were raving and spending the money on products like this and the Anastasia, Jeffree Star, and Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks. These things are amazing and so perfect. It's still pretty expensive though so I'm not going to go too crazy with purchasing these guys. That's really the only reason I knocked off a point for my final rating. I want products that are affordable, great quality, and long lasting. Too Faced is just a tad bit too expensive to check off that affordable box. Other than that, it's a really good product and the applicator is soft and applies evenly. Make sure your lips are properly primed and moisturized. These can be a tad bit drying. I'd say the finish is semi-matte. I've seen it look like a MAC satin-finish lipstick on some people and matte on others (like myself) so I'm not a hundred percent sure, but you could easily apply this and top it off with a clear gloss. If you do want a more glossy finish, Too Faced does have a line of Melted lipsticks called the Melted Metal line which is essentially the Melted lipsticks but with a more glossy finish. Also, you can totally wear these without a lip liner. I didn't find that it bled at all when I wore it, but you can still wear a liner underneath.  
Rating: 4/5


This is just one layer of "Berry". I put a layer on top of the layer of "Chihuahua" and it looked really good. Again, make sure that your lips are properly primed and moisturized because this product can be quite drying. I do like that I can make it more day-time wearable with just one layer and then layer it up later on in the day for a more evening-time look. 

2 comments:

  1. These look really nice! Thanks for doing such a thorough review of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thank YOU for reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...