Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Inspiration | Soppy by Phillippa Rice

"Soppy" is a book of comic strips that artist/illustrator Phillipa Rice based on real life interactions and romantic events that she experienced with her boyfriend. I remember seeing these images on Tumblr early last year and reblogging them every single time because they reminded me of my boyfriend, Court, and I. The art is so cute and the everyday events portrayed in them are so sweet and so incredibly relatable. One of my favorite comic strips has to be the one portraying their sleeping habits. That one reminds me so much of Court and I and how we toss and turn towards and away from one another in our sleep. I love the simplicity and sweetness of the events shown in Rice's book. It's just so cute and like I had mentioned before, relatable. I love that it portrays love not as this end all/epic-type thing but more as what it is; something that is simple and occurs naturally between two people. If these strips interest you, you should order the 108 page book.



4 comments:

  1. These are really cute, thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I'm happy you enjoyed these :)

      Delete
  2. These are adorable! I may need this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it! You'd be supporting an independent artist and you'd have a book full of adorbs!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...