Thursday, November 28, 2013

Outfit | Salamat

The title of this post is Tagalog for "thank you". I thought it appropriate since this post will be going up Thanksgiving morning. Some things that I'm incredibly thankful for include the privilege to be able to live my life the way I do, my friends, fandom, and my family. There are many material things that I am thankful for, but those four are definitely at the top of my things that I hold dear to my heart.

I am thankful for being able to go to college and be able to go at my own pace. People often forget that going to school is a privilege and I think that more of us need to be reminded that there are people in the world who yearn for education but don't have the means to have it and so, I am thankful that I'm one of the lucky people able to have an education. I'm thankful for my friends because I love them, I love my friends. They are all so inspiring, intelligent, and beautiful and I am so incredibly thankful that I can call them friends and that I get to be included in their stories. I just love my friends a lot. Now, fandom. Fandom has gotten me through some of the worst times, it has strengthened friendships, and like my friends, has inspired me to live my life to its fullest. Fandom is just such an amazing thing because without it, I wouldn't have met some amazing friends and made connections with people in other countries. Fandom is basically like a second family to me. So many fandom friends just GET me and I am so thankful for that. Eeeh, I am saying thankful a lot but hey, I really am thankful. Now, lastly, I am thankful for my family. My parents are divorced so I have two families. Both families are amazing, supportive, and some of the best people I know. Of course, both of my families can also stress me out, make me feel like I'm inadequate, and of course, guilt me into family functions. But at the end of the day, I love them and I know that they love me and I am thankful for that because I don't have just one family, I have two...well, actually, if you count fandom/friends, I have like three...Welp, I'm incredibly thankful is what I'm trying to say.
Outfit Details: V-Neck Black Sweater (Thrifted) | Infinity Scarf (Lace Affair) | Black Waist Belt (Thrifted) | High Waist Coral Skirt (Forever 21) | Black Tights (Target) | Black Oxfords (Thrifted) | Navy Trench (ViVi's) | Rings (Gifted)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...