Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review | Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


Product: Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette
Number of Shades: 6 (Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave)
Cost: $27.50 (at Ulta stores, tax included)
Review: I needed a basics palette and since I didn't have the money to spend $50 on the full on Naked palettes, I decided to spend just a little over half that price on this palette. It comes with a really nice collection of shades and finishes that all blend and work together nicely. All the shades can be worn all over your lids, as a liner, and in your crease and the shadows themselves have an almost creamy sort of texture. They're easy to blend and they sit really nicely on the skin. Venus is the only shimmery shade and it works nicely as an inner corner highlighter for the eyes while the other shades are matte finishes. I primarily use the taupey shade Naked 2 all over my lids with Venus in my inner corners. I then use Faint on my crease and outer corners then finish with Crave as a liner on the outer 2/3 of my upper lash line. I've gotten into a routine of using these shades but I might be switching Naked 2 with Foxy or W.O.S. soon. I think for the price you're paying, this is a great beginner's palette for anyone who is just starting to use makeup. The colours are simple and can all be used to make really classy, easy looks for daily use to more intense, smokey looks for evenings out. All in all, I'm satisfied with this purchase. If I wore blush/bronzer, I would even consider buying the Naked Flushed palette which includes a bronzer, highlighter, and blush. But anyways, this is a good buy and I don't regret it. It's also smaller and more compact than my Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes palette which is slightly thicker in size. It also has more colour variation. Definitely a must have for every makeup bag. Especially if you don't want to pay twice the price for the Naked palettes.
Rating: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...