Sunday, June 16, 2013

Outfit | Father's Day


Today my family and I celebrated the important men in our family: our fathers. Now, my dad is quite amazing. Not only did he raise my sister and I, he did it by himself. Our mom left when I was 7 years old and though my dad was heartbroken, he still raised Aleah and I with love, nerdiness, understanding, and happiness. He's supported me through all of my blunders and even though he makes fun of me for my YouTube and this blog, he still supports me. Even now, when I'm unable to find a decent job, he still supports me. I love my dad, his influence is why I am the way I am today. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be as nerdy, as creative, and as awkward as I am. Through my dad, I learned that even if life throws you and pummels you into the ground, you can still get up and survive and find happiness. And even though my younger sister is cold and emotionless towards my dad, he still loves and babies her, even when she doesn't deserve it sometimes. My dad is too good for my sister and I and I am thankful that he is my dad. 

On a less emotional note, I have been waiting to wear this dress all summer. I bought it/thrifted it from an Instagram shop (@vtgyuyu) and when it came in the post, I couldn't get over how nice the fabric is and how gorgeous pattern is. I was so happy I was able to wear it today. I was afraid that with all of my aunties and uncles' babies, that one of them might throw up on me, but nope! I carried almost every baby and none threw up on me. Winning! Today was just a fantastic day filled with some much needed family time. It's funny, because sometimes, I can't wait to get away from family, but other times, I realize just how much I missed them and how much fun I have when I'm with them.



(Eeeeks! My battle wounds from my cat Digsby!)


 (Outfit Details: Floral Dress: Thrifted/IG | Light Pink Short Sleeved Cardigan: Target | Green Purse: Thrifted | Purple Platforms: ModCloth | Floral Sunnies: Forever 21 | Heart Necklace: Gift)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...