Monday, May 6, 2013

Outfit | Bruised But Still Smiling

It's nearing the end of the semester and despite how happy I look, I am freaking out internally. I have one cumulative exam that I am intensely worried about because I passed 2/3 exams this semester so I mean, I can't do any worse than a C on my final right? Right...I have two term papers, one of which I am almost done with except I am lost on the final part and since I missed class today because of a family emergency, I missed out on the paper extension AND my professor giving out answers to people's questions about the paper. Awesome. And my English Lit. term paper? I haven't even started, let alone decided on a topic and it's due like next Monday and my professor hasn't even emailed me back. I am freaking out and I already had to drop a math class because I couldn't keep up. If this continues, I am stuck here in community college hell for another year. Ugh. I need to get back to how I was in high school...Me rejecting all the UCs, CSUs, and private schools was definitely a good decision not only because I'm saving my father and myself from debt but I'm also making sure that I get my general education out of the way. Luckily, dressing the way I do helps to lift my spirits. There's something about putting on clothes that just makes me feel incredibly happy and content. Like, I know that despite my shortcomings now, that later down the road, I'll be able to do better. That I don't have to be perfect and acing everything right now. Everyone is so concerned with getting out of here, even myself, but really, you don't HAVE to get out just this second. Everyone should move at their own pace, even if it means staying a little/a lot longer than you had planned to. I'd rather go at things at a slower pace than drive myself mad and hating myself for not being as intelligent and diligent as I was in high school.







Outfit Details: Heel Print Purple Blouse (H&M) | Black Skirt (Forever 21) | Blue Cardigan (ViVis) | Purple tights (Target) | Black Oxfords (Thrifted)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...